People success is the next step in HR.
In this article we will help you understand what it is and how you can use it to create a strategy where well-being and bottom-line goes hand in hand.
What is People Success
Helping People Be their Best and Do their Best at Work
People Success is the simple idea that; if your people are successful then your business is to.
People Success is about creating a strategy that puts people at the center of your business and allows every member of your team to show up to work each day feeling like their best self.
A people success strategy like this helps organizations create a highly-engaged workforce in order to create a exceptional business and workplace.
By putting employees first and encouraging them to take ownership of their happiness and career development, you will nurture desirable traits such as productivity, innovation, performance, and engagement, benefiting both the business and the individual.
People Success vs Human Resources
HR, or Human Resources, is a department within an organization that is responsible for managing and overseeing a range of activities related to the organization's employees.
This includes tasks such as recruiting and hiring, training and development, performance management, and employee benefits. HR also plays a key role in ensuring that the organization is compliant with labor laws and regulations.
While both People Success and HR are concerned with the well-being and success of employees, they have different areas of focus and responsibilities within an organization.
People success is more focused on the overall development and well-being of employees, while HR is responsible for managing and administering various HR-related activities and processes.
These should not be seen as separate departments but you should rather see People Success as a expansion of the traditional HR responsibilities.
Why People Success
We live in a world where competition for the best people is ever increasing.
This is primarily due to the following global drivers:
- Businesses increasingly competes globally which drives up customers demands and thus the demand for your team.
- With remote work people are no longer restricted to finding a job within a given radius of their home but can choose globally for the best place to work.
- As the world gets more developed generations become smaller. There are simply fewer people to do more work further pushing up demand.
In that light traditional HR is simply no longer enough. Human Resources comes from a background where people were a resource - a plentiful commodity - but that is simply no longer the case.
Today's workers expect work to be more than a means to a living but a integral part of their fulfillment as human beings.
The 5 Pillars of People Success
People Success is build on 5 pillars that can be used to align what is good for both the employee and business:
- Fit: Your role matches your strengths and interests, and you feel a sense of belonging at work.
- Alignment: You know what to prioritize, and you get feedback that helps you change course if needed.
- Enablement: You have the support, tools, and resources you need to work effectively.
- Motivation: You have a strong sense of purpose, the freedom to own your work, and you feel like you have a meaningful impact.
- Growth: You are learning new skills, diversifying your experience, and progressing professionally.
The obvious reason for creating an employee-centric workplace is that you'll nurture an environment of productivity, creativity, and growth. And with an engaged, happy workforce on your side, your organization has a better chance of being competitive, building a great brand, and positioning yourself as an industry leader.